Looking for WestJet Check in? Don’t know where to find? So, Don’t Worry! We are here with your solutions including within this post. If you compare to the other websites, These are the best solutions for finding status of WestJet check in online! We are also giving you the details for how can you do the westjet mobile check in or, westjet online check in as well as how to go further for finding flight status and flight tracker of WestJet flights! Still confusing a lot in finding the Best answers? You can even keep in connect with an awesome customer service of WestJet Airlines, including WestJet Contact Phone Numbers for Reservations, WestJet Connect, WestJet Vacations and further queries. All details have given below in this post. More, you can also take the help from Table of Contents to make it more simpler.
Table of Contents
- 1 WestJet Check in – WestJet Flight Status
- 2 WestJet Check in, Online Check in – WestJet Flights
- 3 WestJet Flight Check in guidelines – WestJet Online Check in Options and Times
- 3.1 Available Locations to Check-in
- 3.2 WestJet Check in Times
- 3.3 Check-in Options
- 3.4 Important documents and details you’ll need for WestJet Check in
- 3.5 Important Instructions to follow while doing Flight Check in for WestJet Airlines
- 3.6 Self-serve bag tagging kiosks are at the following airports
- 3.7 WestJet Check in: Find reservation
- 3.8 WestJet Check in and Security
- 4 WestJet Flight Status, Flight Tracker – WestJet Contact, Phone Number, Reservations
- 5 WestJet Connect
WestJet Check in – WestJet Flight Status
WestJet is the second largest Canadian air carrier (low-cost airline), behind Air Canada and ninth largest airline in North America by passengers carried. WestJet is already operating an average of 777 flights per day by carrying 66,130 guests, according to the Wikipedia data. You may feel relaxing and so much comfortable, while travelling through WestJet Flights (Similarly feel like home). WestJet Airlines Ltd. are headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and they have their largest hub at Calgary International Airport. The WestJet Airlines company slogans are as “Owners Care”. We’ve already discussed in different segments about WestJet Check in on our home page along with procedure to check WestJet Flight Status. Although, you can prefer our website or the official website www.westjet.com [Link]for any of your flights check in times related queries.
Talking more about WestJet Frequent-flyer program and Subsidiaries; WestJet Frequent-flyer program is named as WestJet Rewards and 3 Subsidiaries named as WestJet Encore, WestJet Link and Swoop.
WestJet Check in, Online Check in – WestJet Flights
After reading a brief about WestJet Airlines, now you must be looking for WestJet Check in and its process. Reason being, most probably you have booked a flight or you are going to book a flight with WestJet Airlines. And as of now you’re ready to go to find WestJet Online Check in!
24 hours to 60 minutes before you fly
If yes, then you can simply follow the link (opens in a new window):
Available self-serve options through online check-in
Please note, we cannot check you in via our contact centre.
Cancel check in
You can now self-serve eligible bookings to cancel your westjet check in! Simply sign in with your reservation information, select “Cancel check in” and select the guests to cancel.
- Sign in to cancel your check in
Choose your seat
- Issue your boarding pass
- Email your boarding pass
- Add baggage through westjet online check in 24 hours to 60 minutes before you fly
- Pay excess baggage fees
Select an earlier flight
- Get there ahead of schedule
- Learn more about our Simplicity service
- Add/edit a WestJet Rewards or eligible frequent flyer partner number
- If you’re travelling internationally, enter your travel document info (i.e. passport number)
WestJet Flight Check in guidelines – WestJet Online Check in Options and Times
Make sure to check the guidelines which include WestJet check in options and times, while doing the check in on WestJet Flights. You must be aware of when checking in on WestJet Airlines are:
- You can check in within 24 hours of your flight, via online check-in, or an airport kiosk.
- Also, you have the option to check in up to three hours before your flight with an agent at Guest assistance.
- Boarding passes will be issued to qualified guests once check in has been completed through online check in, a kiosk at the airport or at Guest assistance.
- Guests must have their boarding passes (printed or electronic), baggage tags and baggage dropped off before our cut-off times.
Available Locations to Check-in
|YXJ||Fort St. John||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|DFW||Dallas Fort Worth||✓||✓||✓||✓|
(John F. Kennedy)
|SJD||Cabo San Lucas||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|GCM||Grand Cayman Islands||✓||✓||X||✓|
|POS||Port of Spain||✓||✓||X||✓|
|PLS||Turks and Caicos||✓||✓||X||✓|
WestJet Check in Times
- The cut-off times shown below may not represent the amount of time required to drop off baggage and to go through security. We also suggest that you check in 90 minutes prior to departure if you’re travelling within Canada and 120 minutes before international travel.
- You should arrive at the boarding gate at least 40 minutes before flight departure. If you arrive less than 10 minutes before departure you will be denied boarding. WestJet is not responsible for missed flights, transfers, or any portion of onward travel due to late arrival at the gate.
- Baggage check-in and cut-off times
In an effort to make your travel as smooth as possible, please allow enough time when you arrive at the airport to check in and drop off your bags. Please note; baggage will be accepted up to three (3) hours before departure at most locations. Checked baggage (excluding kennels*) is accepted until the check-in cut-off time of your flight. Requirements for checking in kennels may vary depending on your airport. Kennels arriving at check-in within 90 minutes of departure may be denied. To ensure a successful trip, we recommend checking in your pet and kennel two hours before departure.
*Depending on airport operational requirements (paperwork completion at check-in, documentation checks, animal and kennel inspection), kennels arriving at check-in within 90 minutes of scheduled departure may be denied.
|Available as early as1||24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure||24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure||Three (3) hours before your flight’s scheduled departure|
|Domestic cut-off time before scheduled departure||45 minutes||45 minutes||45 minutes|
|International cut-off time before scheduled departure||60 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
1. Baggage will be accepted up to three (3) hours before departure at most locations. Checked baggage (excluding kennels*) is accepted until the check-in cut-off time for the flight.
2. *Depending on airport operational requirements (paperwork completion at check-in, documentation checks, animal and kennel inspection),kennels arriving at check-in within 90 minutes of scheduled departure may be denied.
3. If you are travelling with a pet we recommend that you check in 120 minutes before departure for a domestic flight and 150 minutes before an international flight.
4. Please note that some international airports will not check pets in more than 60 minutes before scheduled departure and U.S. airports will not check pets in more than 120 minutes before scheduled departure.
5. If you are travelling with oversized or overweight baggage you must check in 30 minutes before the cut-off times listed above.
|Check in on a code-share or interline flight when WestJet is the first operating carrier5||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Check in on a code-share or interline flight when a partner airline is the first operating carrier6||✕||✕||✕||✕|
|Add/edit a WestJet Rewards, AAdvantage® or SkyMiles®number to your reservation||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Enter Known Traveler Number (KTN)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Select an earlier flight||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Select your seat||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Select a seat in Plus7||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Pay excess baggage fees8||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Email your boarding pass9||✓||✓||✕||✕|
|Print your boarding pass||✓5||✕||✓||✓|
|Print your bag tags||✕||✕||✓8||✓|
1. Please check in with a WestJet agent at guest assistance if you:
- are checking in an unaccompanied minor;
- will be bringing a personal oxygen cylinder;
- have purchased an extra seat;
- are part of a group of more than nine guests where all guests have the same last name;
- are departing from an airport in Cuba or the Dominican Republic.
2. The airline selling seats is referred to as the marketing carrier; the airline providing the aircraft, crew and ground-handling support is referred to as the operating carrier. If the first flight of your journey is not operated by WestJet, you must check in with the code-share or interline partner operating the flight.
3. Please be sure to check in with the airline that is operating your flight; or if you have connecting flights, the airline that is operating the first portion.
4. Guests have the option to select a seat in Plus at the time of check in, if available, for a fee. Seats in Plus are located in the first three rows of the aircraft and include advance boarding, early access to overhead bins, and food and beverages (including beer, wine and spirits) from our on-board menu.
5. Be sure to print your receipt for excess baggage fees to show the WestJet agent at baggage drop.
6. Depending on special services requested your location and/or travel destination, web and mobile check-in may direct you to guest assistance for your boarding pass.
7. Kiosks do not issue baggage tags for any booking that includes a partner operated flight, or a flight which has been sold by a partner airline.
Important documents and details you’ll need for WestJet Check in
- reservation code;
- passport, if you are travelling to the U.S. or internationally; and
- hotel name, destination address, cruise or transit airline if you are travelling to the U.S.
Important Instructions to follow while doing Flight Check in for WestJet Airlines
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport, complete check in, drop off your baggage, and go through security and customs (if applicable).
- Unfortunately, guests who do not meet our minimum cut-off times (below) for westjet check in or baggage drop will be denied travel and/or baggage acceptance, with no exception.
- You can now self-serve eligible bookings to cancel your westjet check in!
- Simply sign in with your reservation information, select “Cancel check in” and select the guests to cancel.
Self-serve bag tagging kiosks are at the following airports
- Abbotsford International Airport (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada)
- Calgary International Airport (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Edmonton International Airport (Edmonton Metropolitan Region of the Canadian province of Alberta, Canada)
- Fort McMurray International Airport (Fort McMurray International Airport)
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport (Enfield, Nova Scotia, an area of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (Mount Hope, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- Kelowna International Airport (northeast of Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada, on Highway 97)
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (Nevada, United States)
- Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Orlando International Airport (Orlando, Florida, United States)
- Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Palm Springs International Airport (Palm Springs, California, United States)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (Maricopa County, Arizona, United States)
- Regina International Airport (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- St. John’s International Airport (St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada)
- Thunder Bay International Airport (Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (Ontario, Canada)
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport (Québec, Canada)
- Vancouver International Airport (Sea Island in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada)
- Victoria International Airport (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada)
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
You can read about Overnight connections and Saving electronic boarding passes, while travelling through WestJet at: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-info/check-in/options
WestJet Check in: Find reservation
If you are looking to WestJet Check in by finding reservation then you need to sign in at WestJet. Or, you can complete the information in the given form like: Select a Departure City, Your First Name, Last Name, Reservation code or Ticket Number and continue to the form. After that you have to fulfill the information, Itinerary, Bags, Boarding Pass and End the form.
WestJet Check in and Security
WestJet Check in and security include different types of information like:
- Airport terminal information
- Check-in options and times
- Identification requirements
- Security screening & more on
You can go through this (https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel-info/check-in/index) link for exploring more about WestJet travel info.
WestJet Flight Status, Flight Tracker – WestJet Contact, Phone Number, Reservations
It may be necessary for you that you can’t go through check in steps, unless you will find booking through your WestJet Flight Status. It’s a simple and common step required for each airline including WestJet Flights too. To check WestJet Flight Status, you can use the below flight tracker tool.
WestJet Flight Status and Flight Tracker
Simply you need to enter the flight number or airport codes and get up-to-the-minute status information on any WestJet flights with check in, baggage, flight tracker for international/continental flight status. For an easy use, If you need instructions on how to use our flight status tool, they are located at the bottom of this page or, in this content or, comment on this page in the comment box section below the flight tracker search tool.
- WestJet Airlines code is WS
How to use the WestJet flight tracker if you know the flight number:
- Simply choose the airline from the drop-down menu, enter the flight number, and click on the Find Flight button.
- This live flight tracker will instantly inform you of the status of the journey, including real-time flight maps, and useful historical data of how frequently that flight is on time or late.
How to use the WestJet flight tracker if you don’t know the flight number:
- If you don’t know the flight number, you can still use this airline flight tracker by selecting both the departure and arrival airports, and then choosing from the list of flights that match your airport pair.
- If one of the airports isn’t on the drop-down menu you can still bring up flight tracker information if you know the 3-letter airport code.
NOTE: If you want to find WestJet Flight Status, then click this link to explore and check flight status with Official www.WestJet.com. Either you can Search by flight number OR Search by airport for Arrivals and Departures.
WestJet Contact, Phone Number, Customer Service and Reservations
Contact us by phone
WestJet Flights and general inquiries (open 24/7):
- 1-888-937-8538 (1-888-WESTJET)
- 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. MT: 1-877-737-7001
22 Aerial Place N.E.
21 Aerial Place N.E.
More information about WestJet Contact, Phone Number and Customer Service, you can find on our WestJet Homepage.
WestJet Connect is our inflight entertainment system that gives your smartphone, tablet or laptop access to complimentary entertainment and flight information as well as pay per usage Internet, including:
- Hundreds of hours of TV shows and movies
- News articles (current events, sports, entertainment)
- Internet packages starting at $6.99 (plus applicable taxes)
- WestJet destination information
There’s a lot more to our destinations than before. Check out the enhanced Flight Map along with WestJet Vacations and see for yourself on our homepage.
Enjoy your WestJet flight and good luck with your check in!